Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm back!



Chris and I have been in Cairns looking for a possible new home up there.  We looked at some amazing houses and properties, and in one day looked with various agents at 7 properties---we were exhausted by that night.  But it was all worth it.

We spent about 4 days just meeting agents and viewing potential properties.  It has been a confusing and tiring experience.  Each property in certain ways had so much to offer, and we had to measure each property on whether it offered exactly what we required.  It was a very tough call, but in the end, I think we have found the ideal home.  Only time will tell.  We have to settle our property here first, and have inspections made in Cairns, so there is still a lot of work to be done.  But it is exciting.  A new start.  A new life.

There is so much about Cairns that we both really like, the climate (very similar I would think to Honolulu, Hawaii), and the colour of the area--very green and blue with cane sugar and rainforests thrown in.

But what really struck me this last time was the people.  I had such a good time with everyone I met.  There are just so many really honest, down to earth people, who like us, just like life, and like living the life they have.  I really appreciated being surrounded by that.  It is infectious you know.  Like laughter. There should be more of it! 

No comments: