Monday, June 28, 2010

Early mornings

One of the best feelings in the world is to be the only one awake early in the morning, and know that you have the day stretching out in front of you. I have already fed the wild birds from my front deck, checked my email, planned my morning, and am about to start today.

You may not associate with this, but, when I had my babies, I would love the 5:00/6:00 am feedings, because after I settled my babe, I could then sit quietly and watch the early dawn and animal activities on the farm (at that stage). In the warmer weather mornings, I would walk outside with Bronwyn in my arms, and exchange looks and Mother's stories, with my horse, Gypsy and her new foal, Brandy. We compared development issues a lot---while Brandy was so much taller--Bron was definitely the winner in the beauty stakes!

This morning I checked on Squirt, my pet lorrikeet, who lives in a large aviary in my sunny hallway area. She laid an egg yesterday, and when I noticed, she replied. "Hello!" (in that surprised somewhat Monty Python accent she uses occasionally). Our border collies are still asleep outside the backdoor, and I've opened the windows here in the main living/kitchen area, to welcome in the sunny morning warmth, and enjoy the day.

Hope you have a good morning too!